Sunday, April 18, 2010
All of these guys were the very first things to inhabit my front yard. Them and about 3 different tombstones. The heads were styrofoam skulls that I cut the jaw so their mouths would open, the bodies are all the cheap blucky skeletons, and the hands were made with with wire, masking tape and cardboard. To stiffen up the bodies they have pvc to stiffen them up. Different string and rope thicknesses were used to give them the veins. The outside skin was carpet rubber glue and paper towels. Then after they were done drying I diluted some brown latex paint and rubbed dirt into them. The center pvc that ran up their spines and the one I put leg bones on were held up with a piece of rebar hammered into the grass.