7. Netherworld in Atlanta, Ga. Netherworld Haunted House brings you a monster fest of epic proportions. Inside Netherworld, nightmarish creatures fly, swing and crawl as they hunt for flesh, so real you'll feel trapped in a horror movie. You might even see a 17 foot tall gargoyle king feasting on its prey. Walk lightly....You won't want to be his next victim. You must escape The Mangler, The Acid Room, The Drowning Tank, The Flesh Compactor, and other horrific death traps as the haunt grows even bigger this year. You might escape with your life, but not your sanity!
8. Cutting Edge in Dallas/Fort worth, TX. The state of Texas is experiencing a booming and growing haunted house industry like no other, especially the Dallas area which now features more haunted houses than any other city in Texas. Cutting Edge Haunted House is currently celebrating its Guinness World Record as the longest haunted attraction in the World, so it is no surprise this haunt is o the best list.
Located in a 100 year old abandoned meat packing plant in a section of Fort Worth historically known as "Hell's Half Acre". Cutting Edge is built on a foundation of fear. The old meat packing plant is back in use, but this time it's being used for human flesh! Cutting Edge features 32 animations, 25 sets, massive creature's on the roof, monster hearses outside, and a pre-show performance comparable to "Stomp". This is one haunted production you won't want to miss!
9. Kersey Valley Spookywoods in Greesboro, North Carolina. If you visit this area, you'll certainly find plenty of screams. This area is known for the many outdoor haunted adventures. Creating an outdoor haunted experience allows for a more authentic scare, and one such attraction that stands out above all others.
Spookywoods isn't just a haunted house. By day, it's also a Halloween attraction for the whole family featuring a huge corn maze, a 2 mile long zip line, pumpkin patches, fossil and gem digs and much more. Once dusk sets in, Spookywoods Haunted Scream Park opens featuring America's only haunted tram ride, Dark Terror. Spookywoods also includes a haunted cornfield, Wrong Way haunted house. The Fun House and the main attraction, Spookywoods Maze. Using some of the best scar techniques combined with top quality sets, special effects and detailed creatures around every corner. Spookywoods offers a unique haunted attraction and probably America's best overall Halloween experience.
10. The 13th Floor Haunted House, The Asylum Haunted House and Blood Shed in Denver, Colorado. Denver is a city with a historic past and all sorts of things to scream about, but most importantly they are three of the best haunted houses.
Horror in the heart of the Mile High City. The 13th Floor is located on the edge of downtown Denver and the Lower Downtown (Lodo) entertainment district. Where is the 13th Floor and why is it absent in so many buildings? Denver's legendary haunted house takes you on a gut wrenching elevator ride to the mysterious 13th Floor. Visit the current occupants who call it their home. Witness the oddities and strange occurrences that have created the legend of the 13th floor, and discover why it continues to be one of the world's greatest, ghostly mysteries.
The Asylum is Denver's longest running haunted houses featuring two levels into Gordon Cotingham's Hospital for the Mentally Insane. The Asylum is a damp and musty place infest with spiders, rats, snakes and endless screams of tortured souls. Together with Blood Shed Haunted House, Denver's newest and goriest Halloween attraction, this haunt location offers a truly terrifying experience. As you travel through a dilapidated family farmhouse, a backyard of bloodshed and finally the family home, you'll see why Blood Shed is hillbilly horror at its most extreme. A truly graphic haunting experience bursts onto the Denver haunt scene in a way never before.
11. The Dent Schoolhouse in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ohio is a great site for finding haunted houses. Ohio natives expect excellence in their haunted houses and they find it year after year at The Dent Schoolhouse, rated best by Fangora.
Imagine reliving a horror movie or your worst nightmare. You can at The Dent Schoolhouse! Movie quality sets, intense detailing, and first rate animatronics combine inside an actual haunted schoolhouse from 1894. You'll experience the story of the murderous janitor and how the school came to its grizzly demise. The Dent Haunted Schoolhouse will shatter your fond memories of school and replace them with horrific, haunted nightmares of school age days. With a cast of 50+ monsters and award winning make up artists, the crew of Dent will be happy to "school you" in FEAR!!
12. House of Torment in Austin, Texas. Austin would surely be higher on our haunting cities list if there were more haunted houses to visit. However, the one to see has dominated the competition so fiercely that it leaves other haunts gasping for air.
House of Torment is one of the most cutting edge houses in America offering a horrific experience like no other and featuring three unique attraction offering patrons a variety of dynamic experiences. The first attraction guests must brave is Nightmare Mansion, a theatrically driven horror escapade that takes customers through the macabre and demented experiments of an early 20th century physician, Dr. Incubus.
Second is House of Torments main event, Revenge of the Immortals. This nightmare takes customers into the post apocalyptic wreckage of a war torn city where infected mutants, an abomination army, and predatory immortals prey on the living. The 3rd and final attraction is a festival filled with entertaining atmosphere, large animations, and highly detailed monsters rounding out the average nightly staff at just under 100 people.
13. Nighmare on the Bayou in Houston, Texas. Currently, Texas has the 3rd most haunted houses of any state in America according to Hauntworld.com. It continues to grow rapidly. Houston is no exception with several top rated haunted houses, but this one stand above all the others.
Nightmare on the Bayou features several animations, sets, special effects, and acclaim REAL ghost hauntings. It's built right next to one of Houston's biggest and oldest haunted graveyards, so to have supernatural visitors drop by form time to time isn't unusual. Nightmare on the Bayou features one of America's biggest Halloween costume shops, Party Boy, located directly next door. Party Boy is known as THE Houston place to buy Halloween costumes, decorations, and supplies. When you visit the haunted house make sure you bring your credit card or you'll be kicking yourself once you see all the goodies at the Halloween store. But no matter what, prepare for the haunting of our life!