How to Make "Bleeding" Cupcakes for Halloween
Provocative series like Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, and True Blood have made vampires the sexiest thing since sliced bread that has been molded into the shape of a sensuous woman.
That is why bleeding cupcakes are sure to win any Halloween/Sexy-Themed Baking Contest you might enter this week. They're not only showy and delicious, but super simple to put together as well--just like the scripts for all those dramas. (I'm just kidding. Don't bite me.)
1) Bake cupcakes using your favorite recipe.
2) Once cooled, dig a small lump of cupcake out of the top. Set the removed chunk aside.
3) Pour a little bit of an edible, reddish, runny substance, such as strawberry jam or cherry pie filling, into the hole.
4) Re-insert removed chunk.
5) Frost the top (thereby covering up the evidence of step 2).
6) Dip a toothpick into some of the leftover jam (filling, sauce, red icing, etc.) and stab the top of the cupcake twice to give the appearance of fang marks.
Put these cupcakes out on your Halloween snack table and you will be crowned the buffet vampire slayer