Welcome to Homemade for the Holidays! Since we have lots and LOTS of cupcakes here, I thought it would be fun to share a Cupcake Wrapper Tutorial with you!
During a Live Chat recently in the Seasonal Celebrations Community, my friend Tammy from Not Just Paper and Glue, mentioned that she makes her own cupcake wrappers. When she showed me a picture, I thought they would be perfect for our Homemade for the Holidays series!
- Cut a piece of patterned cardstock 2.25 x 12 inches
- Use decorative scissors or a border punch along one edge.
- Score paper strip every .25 inches
- Here is the reverse side of the strip of paper after it has been scored.
- Accordion fold along score lines.
- The entire strip is now accordion folded.
- Apply adhesive to one end.
- Attach to opposite end to form a circle.
- Begin to fan out the top edge to shape into a cupcake liner.
- Continue to shape the liner.
- Here is what your liner should resemble after you have shaped it.
- Punch or cut out two circles. The largest should be 2 1/8 inch in diameter.
- Apply adhesive to the smallest circle.
- Layer onto largest circle.
- Apply glue to the bottom edge of the cupcake liner.
- Place liner on the circle base and set aside to dry.