This recipe makes enough to serve at the party and to send home with guests. Put them in small boxes or cellophane bags, tie with pretty ribbon, and hand them out as friends and family head out the door.
Makes about 80
- 10ouncessemisweet chocolate (do not exceed 61% cacao), chopped
- 1tablespoonunsalted butter
- 1cupheavy cream
- 1 1/2cupschopped Butterfinger candy bars (about 8 ounces)
- 4teaspoonsunsweetened cocoa powder
- Chopped roasted unsalted peanuts or peanut halves
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan; pour hot cream over chocolate mixture. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped candy. Cover and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Using a melon baller, scoop 3/4” balls (or heaping teaspoons) from chocolate mixture. Roll truffles between your palms to make surface smooth. Place on the prepared sheet.
- Place cocoa powder in a small bowl. Roll truffles in cocoa powder to coat. Garnish with chopped peanuts or peanut halves. Chill until firm. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight between sheets of waxed paper. Keep chilled.