This recipe comes from www.larecetadelafelicidad.com. I frozen or chilled dessert beside ice cream. Enjoy!
Cooking time: 40 min
Chocolate Vanilla Frozen cakePrep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 40 min
- Moist chocolate cake:
- 200 g flour (1 and3/4 cups)
- 300 g sugar (1 and 1/3 cups)
- 90 g unsweetened cocoa powder (3/4 cups)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml buttermilk (4/5 cup)
- 125 g butter, melted (1 stick)
- 200 ml freshly brewed hot coffee (4/5 cup) Ice cream filling:
- 1 l vanilla icecream (33 fl oz) Chocolate frosting:
- 200 ml heavy cream (4/5 cup)
- 50 g butter (1/2 stick)
- 250 g dark chocolate (9 oz)
- chopped almonds to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (or use baking spray) two 9-inch baking pansand set aside
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract and beat until smooth
- Add hot coffee, and mix well. The batter will be very runny (probably that is why the cake is so moist)
- Distribute batter between the two pans and bake on middle rack of oven for about 20-25 minutes
- Wait 15 minutos before unmolding. Let the cakes cool completely on a wire rack
- Take the icecream out of the freezer a few minutes before starting to assembly the cake, to soften and make it more spreadable. Line a mold with paper parchment (the size of your cakes, mine were 8 inches after baking and cooling)
- Place a cake inside de mold, spread the icecream over it, and top with the other cake. Freeze, if possible 24 hours
- Next day, prepare the chocolate frosting. Pour cream on a medium saucepan, bring to boil, remove from heat, and add chopped chocolate and butter. Allow to rest for a few minutes, and then stir until dissolved.
- Place cake on a wire rack, and pour frosting over it, being careful to cover the cake completely. Drop some chopped almonds over it, and freeze again until you are going to serve it.
- Take the cake out of the freezer 15 to 30 minutes before consumption
- The moist chocolate cake recipe was adapted from this recipe
- If you want to prepare your own vanilla icecream, please find here the recipe
- If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here