This is a nice light list of songs to increase your Christmas spirit on this wonderful holiday. It includes some songs that commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ, and some that are more modern in concept – but regardless of the type, they are all great songs. Merry Christmas!
10. Josh Groban and Brian McKnightAngels We Have Heard on High
This is quite a great Christmas carol that is sung beautifully by Josh Groban and Brian McKnight. “The words of the song are based on a traditional French carol known as Les Anges dans nos Campagnes (literally, The Angels in our Countryside). Its most common English version was translated in 1862 by James Chadwick.
9. Billy Porter and Vanessa WilliamsJoy To The World
“Joy to the World” is one of the best-known and best-loved of Christmas carols. It contains a message of joy and love replacing sin and sorrow. It may also be interpreted to be about life after the second coming of Christ. The hymn is significant for its widespread use throughout Christian denominations and for the musical stature of the people who created it.
This is a great Christmas carol everyone can sing along to, and the duet by Billy Porter and Vanessa Williams is amazing.
8. The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl/ Fairytale of New York
This is a popular and lovely Christmas song by The Pogues featuring Kirsty MacColl that was released in 1987.
7. Olivia Newton-John and Jon Secada/ Every Time It Snows
Olivia Newton-John and Jon Secada duet to a beautiful and gorgeous song with lovely lyrics.
6. Christina Aguilera and Brian McKnight/ Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” is a Christmas song written for the MGM Musical, Meet Me In St. Louis. This nice duet by Christina Aguilera and Brain McKnight is quite fabulous.
5. Alan Jackson and Alison Krauss/ The Angels Cried
This is a wonderful and touching duet that is simply magnificent.
4. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan/ Baby It’s Cold Outside
I think “Baby It’s Cold Outside” is a fantastic duet that can be sung by any male and female singer. It’s such a fun and awesome song and the duet by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan is great.
3. David Bowie and Bing Crosby/ Little Drummer Boy/ Peace on Earth
“The Little Drummer Boy” is a popular Christmas song, with words and music by Katherine K. Davis. One of the most popular versions of this song is the “Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth” duet by the unusual paring of Bing Crosby and David Bowie. The duet was recorded in 1977 for a Bing Crosby Christmas special, and reappears annually in holiday music rotations.
2. Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion/ The Prayer
The Prayer is an amazing duet by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion. They are both fantastic singers and the song is so beautiful.
1. Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra/ White Christmas
This is a classic and terrific duet by Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra.