Skip to main content

S'MORES POPCORN!



s'mores popcorn


Today is The Secret Recipe Club reveal. This month I was assigned a fabulous blog called The Weekend Gourmet. I was thrilled to get Wendy’s blog. We also belong to Sunday Supper together so I was thrilled to see her name in my inbox. I just knew I was going to find tons of cool recipes to pull from. I mean she is a powerhouse in the kitchen. She cooks up meals and snacks and ice cream. I was really drawn to her Wolf’s Wonderful Peanut Butter Brownie Fudge Sundaes but there’s not enough of us peanut butter lovers in the house right now. So I’m saving that until Christmas time. I want to make it for my brother when he comes over. He’s a peanut butter nut. After looking at tons of recipes and making myself seriously hungry I saw that she had a popcorn category. Naturally I went to take a look see. I knew immediately the s’mores had to be made. Such a cool idea. You know me and popcorn. It’s a huge love of mine. Like stalker kind of love. Like lock me up and throw away the key kind of love.
I heard through the grapevine that popcorn is off limits to anyone with diverticulitis. I may have bawled like a little baby when I heard that. I could not wrap my head around a life without popcorn so I started doing some research, and by research I mean “google”. Turns out Dr. Oz says that popcorn thing is a rumour. Seriously, I now love Dr. Oz. Like stalker kind of love. Like stand outside his window and stare while eating popcorn kind of love. So I’ve tested it out and here’s what I learned. I can eat popcorn in moderation. I can eat popcorn if I am feeling well. If I try to eat it while I’m already flared up, well, that’s not a good idea. But day to day it doesn’t seem to bother me. I’m still in the learning phase so experimenting is how I figure out what I can eat and what’s off limits. I’m happy to report Lunie can continue her love affair with popcorn. And Dr. Oz.


s'mores popcorn


4.8 from 9 reviews
S’Mores Popcorn
Author: 
Recipe type: snack
An easy recipe to make s’mores popcorn that will make your whole family do the happy dance!
Ingredients
  • 10 cups popcorn
  • 16 ounces milk chocolate for drizzling
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups mallow bits
  • 24 graham cookies, broken or smashed
  • 2 to 4 ounces of milk chocolate, shaved or cut into pieces
Instructions
  1. Pop your popcorn. I do mine old school on the stove. Take a large stock pot and pour veggie or canola oil so it covers the bottom of the pot. Turn on medium heat and let it get hot but not scorching hot. Dump in 1 cup of kernels, and let them start to warm up. I don’t cover yet. Every little bit give the stock pot a swirl or shake. Once the first piece pops cover the pot. Turn heat down one notch. Let it start to pop like crazy. Right at the point it just starts to slow down, I take mine off the heat and let the rest pop. This keeps it from burning.
  2. Now take 10 cups of popcorn and dump it out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
  3. Melt ½ your chocolate and butter in the microwave. Check it every 30 seconds and stir, it should only take 1 minute to 1½ minutes to cook. Now drizzle all over the popcorn.
  4. Take ½ your mallow bits and pour over top.
  5. Take half your graham crumbs and toss over top.
  6. Now melt the second batch of chocolate and repeat.
  7. Toss the second batch of mallow bits over top.
  8. Toss the second batch of graham crumbs over top.
  9. Stir them around.
  10. Toss shaved chocolate over top.
  11. Pop in the fridge for a bit to set up if you like. Or leave out and it’ll dry up on its own.
  12. Serve with a big old I miss summer smile!
Notes
I used milk chocolate but you can use whatever kind you prefer. It’s always better to use a good quality chocolate for these types of things. I used up the last of the milk chocolate we bought at Whole Foods. I also popped more popcorn than necessary. 1 cup yields way more than 10 cups so just use ½ cup of kernels if looking to do about 8 to 10 cups. I wanted extra for noshing on.




s'mores popcorn



Cool right. I just love me some funky popcorn. You can change this up and use dark chocolate. I know a lot of people love the dark and it does photograph better. But I’m a milk chocolate kind of gal. Just the way it is.
Thanks to Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet for such a cool recipe. I did not change too much about it. I called it “slightly adapted” but that might even be a stretch. I only changed up a few minor things to suit my own taste. That’s the cool thing about recipes. People get all freaked out and intimidated by recipes, or won’t try something cuz they don’t like one ingredient. Live dangerously people. Change stuff up and experiment. It’s how you learn. Be fearless in the kitchen, if it fails just have your kids run to the store for more ingredients. I mean that is why we all have kids right.? To run errands for us once their old enough. If you’re kids aren’t old enough to run to the store just keep a place that deliveries on speed dial. See, I’m always helpful. Putting out fires everywhere I go. Miss helpful extraordinaire!
If you love popcorn feel free to check out these posts as well. Just click the photo for the recipe. I’m a bit of a popcorn fanatic as you can see. Enjoy!



pink popcorn
Click photo for recipe!
chocolate popcorn
Click photo for recipe!
turtle popcorn
Click photo for recipe!
chocolate popcorn
Click photo for recipe!
peanut butter popcorn
Click photo for recipe!
party mix
Click photo for recipe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VANILLA PEACH COFFEE CAKE!!

Did you know that the fruit this summer is supposed to be the best it has been in years? Apparently, fruit loves hot weather. I personally have eaten more peaches and cherries this summer than I have in about five years just for that reason.  As I have been a little overzealous lately buying peaches and cherries I found myself with a few peaches that were going to be too ripe for me to eat on the same day. That is unless I wanted to have them for every meal plus a few snacks. So I decided to make this recipe for Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.  Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake Adapted from  Allrecipes.com Batter: 2 eggs 1 C milk 1/2 C oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 C  sour cream 3 C flour 1 C sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda Topping: 5 or 6 large peaches, diced. 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 11/4 C brown sugar 1Tbsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. nutmeg 4 Tbsp. flour Vanilla Icing: 1 Tbsp. butter 1 tsp

PRESENT TOPIARY TO DECORATE YOUR PORCH AND FRONT DOOR!

   This comes from www.thatvillagehouse.blogspot.com .  I made something similar a couple years ago, without the pots.  It was about 6 feet high.  I got the inspiration from a Chirstmas dectoration that we bought at Target. This is a very good idea and make a great enterance to your home.  So here's a little something to thing about for next year.  Before you know it December will be here again.  You could also do something like this for an Easter theme.   Enjoy! A Merry Welcome! So here is my first Christmas project for the year!! I saw something similar at our church's Advent celebration & pretty much straight up copied it. I couldn't help it. It was love at first sight! I plan to make a 2nd stack to go on the other side of my door, so I'm not completely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes. I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run

SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL FROM JAPAN!!!

     The Sapporo Snow Festival is a famous festival held annually in Sapporo, Japan, over 7 days in February.  Currently, Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival.  The 2011 Yuki-matsuri dates are February 7th to the 13th.    The festival is one of Japan's largest and most distinctive winter events.  In 2007, about 2 million people visited Sapporo to see the hundreds of snow statues and ice sculptures at the Odori Park and Suskino sites, in central Sapporo, and the Satoland site.  The festival is thought to be an opportunity for promoting international relations. The International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park sit since 1974, and teams from various regions of the world participate.      The subject of the statues varies and often features as event, famous building or person from the previous yer.  For example, in 2004, there were statues of Hideki Matsui, the famous baseball player who at that time pl