August is the hottest month in the U.S., that means some really hot and happening food holidays too.
National Sandwich Month
We all love them so now lets learn about them. The term sandwich is occasionally used (informally) in reference to open-faced sandwiches; these normally consist of a single slice of bread topped with meat, salad vegetables, and various condiments. These differ from a normal sandwich in that they have a single slice of bread instead of two, with toppings instead of a filling. The open-faced sandwich also has a .....
National Peach Month
Are you ready to add some peaches to your menu this month? A medium peach (75 grams), has about 30 calories, seven grams of carbohydrates (six grams of sugar and one gram of fibre), one gram of protein, 140 miligrams of potassium, and 8% of the Dietary Reference Intake for vitamin C.
National Catfish Month
Catfish is eaten in a variety of ways; in Europe it is often cooked in similar ways to carp, but in the United States it is typically crumbed with cornmeal and fried. In Indonesia catfish are usually served grilled in street stalls called warung and eaten with vegetables. Catfish is high in Vitamin D. Farm-raised catfish contains low levels of omega-3 fatty acids and a much higher proportion of omega-6 fatty acids.
Goat Cheese Month
Goat cheese has been made for thousands of years, and was probably one of the earliest made dairy products. Goat milk is often used by those who are young, are ill, or have a low tolerance to cows' milk. Goat milk is more similar to human milk than that of the cow, although there is large variation among breeds in both animals.
Eat Dessert first month
In Western culture dessert is a course that typically comes at the end of a meal, usually consisting of sweet food. But during the month of August dessert lovers everywhere are given the go ahead to eat our desserts first and not feel bad about doing it. That's right August celebrates the sweet tooth.
National Watermelon Month
National Brownies At Brunch Month
National Water Quality Month
• National Mustard Day is the first Saturday.
• National Apple Week Is The Second week.
• August 1 - National Raspberry Cream Pie Day
• August 2 - National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
• August 3 - National Watermelon Day
• August 4 - National Chocolate Chip Day
• August 4 - National Champagne Day
• August 6 - National Root Beer Float Day
• August 7 - National Raspberries & Cream Day
• August 8 - National Frozen Custard Day
• August 10 - National S'Mores Day
• August 11 - National Raspberry Bombe Day
• August 12 - National Toasted Almond Bar Day
• August 13 - National Filet Mignon Day
• August 15 - National Lemon Meringue Pie Day
• August 16 - National Rum Day
• August 17 - National Vanilla Custard Day
• August 17 - Cup Cake Day
• August 18 - National Ice Cream Pie Day