This comes from www.chroniclebooks.com . Save a deer make one out of cardboard and paper. I thing this is a real cool tutorial. You could even make it more Christmasy by using some sort of holiday wrapping paper.
Oh Dear, Deer Head
Excerpted from Dorm Decor (available May 2009)
For the animal lover, activist, or simply anyone with a sense of humor, this faux buck will make any dorm-room dweller proud. Hang a scarf or hat on his antlers, keeping floors free and clear, or use him as witty wall art.
1 20″ x 30″ piece (3/16″-thick) foam core
1 6″ x 7″ piece (1/2″-thick) foam core
60″ length (30″-wide) wrapping paper
1 6″ x 7″ piece of contrasting paper
Picture-frame hanging wire
Make the pieces
1. Using the deer templates:
From the 3/16″ thick foam core, cut:
2 deer heads
1 deer body
1 deer nose
1 deer antler
From the 1/2″ thick foam core, cut:
1 mounting board
Cover the pieces
2. Using spray adhesive, spray one side of the nose piece and adhere it to the Wrong side of the wrapping paper. Use the craft knife and the cutting board and cut out the nose piece. Repeat for the other side of the nose.
3. Repeat to cover both sides of the two deer heads, the deer body, and the deer antler pieces.
4. Using spray adhesive, adhere the contrasting paper to one side of the mounting board. Cut it out using the craft knife and cutting board.
Hang the deer head
5. On each deer head piece, cut a hole 1″ below the top edge and 3/8″ inside the back edge with the awl.
6. Assemble the deer head as shown in the photograph.
7. Thread wire through both holes several times and end by wrapping the wire around itself for a hanger.
Click here to download the below images. They are formatted to 8x10in layouts. So, when printing on 8.5x11in paper, select (when printing through Windows Print Wizard) “8x10in cutout print” in the layout selection. It should print perfectly.