Skip to main content

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE ICE CREAM! YOU DESERVE A ICE CREAM RECIPE TODAY!

   This coool recipe comes from www.mykitchenaddiction.com .  Make this smooth, cool dessert just for yourself and not anyone else!  Just kidding!.....NO I'M NOT!!


   I have professed my love of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte many times. I love all things about autumn, and I wait all summer for the first cool day when I need to wear a jacket. So, when the first pumpkin spice lattes grace the menu at my local Starbucks, I’m there.
   As much as I love my occasional drink from Starbucks, I try to keep them exactly that… Occasional. I think that both my wallet and my wasteline thank me. The drinks are so rich that having one is like having dessert… And, I also don’t think it’s a good idea to have a $4-5 cup of coffee on a regular basis.
   So, you can imagine how thrilled I was when Tracey told me she had a great recipe for Pumpkin Spice Lattes over at Sugarcrafter. I’ve been meaning to make it for a while, but haven’t actually gotten around to it. Here’s the thing… As much as I enjoy my pumpkin spice lattes when I’m out and about, they are more of a special treat to me, and I don’t really have the motivation to make one at home. I’m not much of a coffee drinker when I’m at home.
   I haven’t been able to stop thinking about the flavor combinations, though, so I decided to use Tracey’s recipe as a guide to make some pumpkin spice latte ice cream, instead. After all, I don’t think you can go wrong when you take a coffee drink and turn it into ice cream.
   I used my standard custard base recipe and added all of the flavors of a pumpkin spice latte. The result was a perfectly rich and creamy ice cream, the perfect tribute to the actual drink. I think the only way to top the ice cream is to use it to make a pumpkin spice latte milkshake!




Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream(Makes about 1 1/2 quarts, adapted from the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Sugarcrafter)
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups half and half (whole milk would be fine, too)
  • 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
Beat the egg yolks and the granulated sugar with a hand mixer on medium speed until the mixture is light in color (much like mayonnaise) and falls back into the bowl in ribbons.
Meanwhile, combine the heavy cream, half and half, espresso powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a sauce pan over medium heat and bring up to a simmer. Gradually ladle about 1 cup of the hot liquid into the egg yolk mixture, beating the entire time, to temper the eggs. Pour the tempered egg mixture into the sauce pan and whisk well.
Add the pumpkin puree to the saucepan, and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Continue to cook over medium-low heat until it has thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
Transfer the custard to a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap against the surface. Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Freeze the custard in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s directions until the ice cream is a soft serve consistency. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 3-4 hours until the ice cream has hardened. If the ice cream has frozen too hard, simply allow it to set at room temperature for a few minutes until it is scoopable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VANILLA PEACH COFFEE CAKE!!

Did you know that the fruit this summer is supposed to be the best it has been in years? Apparently, fruit loves hot weather. I personally have eaten more peaches and cherries this summer than I have in about five years just for that reason.  As I have been a little overzealous lately buying peaches and cherries I found myself with a few peaches that were going to be too ripe for me to eat on the same day. That is unless I wanted to have them for every meal plus a few snacks. So I decided to make this recipe for Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.  Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake Adapted from  Allrecipes.com Batter: 2 eggs 1 C milk 1/2 C oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 C  sour cream 3 C flour 1 C sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda Topping: 5 or 6 large peaches, diced. 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 11/4 C brown sugar 1Tbsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. nutmeg 4 Tbsp. flour Vanilla Icing: 1 Tbsp. butter 1 tsp

PRESENT TOPIARY TO DECORATE YOUR PORCH AND FRONT DOOR!

   This comes from www.thatvillagehouse.blogspot.com .  I made something similar a couple years ago, without the pots.  It was about 6 feet high.  I got the inspiration from a Chirstmas dectoration that we bought at Target. This is a very good idea and make a great enterance to your home.  So here's a little something to thing about for next year.  Before you know it December will be here again.  You could also do something like this for an Easter theme.   Enjoy! A Merry Welcome! So here is my first Christmas project for the year!! I saw something similar at our church's Advent celebration & pretty much straight up copied it. I couldn't help it. It was love at first sight! I plan to make a 2nd stack to go on the other side of my door, so I'm not completely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes. I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run

DIY GLASS CHRISTMAS TREES!

   This diy comes from www.alderberryhill.blogspot.com .  These are very cool and look like an upper end designer look.  Start your Christmas decor now and you will have time to relax later when the holidays do arrive! Glass Christmas Trees Happy Weekend Everyone! Christmas crafting is in full swing for everyone by now and I am enjoying the crafting season as well. I love the color turquoise and am trying to work it into my Christmas decor. Here is my latest turquoise creation. Glass Christmas Trees And here is how I put them together. What you will need for the project: Styrofoam cones or stack trees. Craft paint Brush Glue gun Glue sticks Glass bowl fillers (the ones that are flat on the bottom). The process is so simple. Paint the styrofoam, let dry Glue on the glass I glued the glass on using a brick laying technique. The second row started at the seam of two glass pieces, not directly above the one below it. Sometimes