Skip to main content

WHITE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM WITH SPICED PUMPKIN SWIRL!

   This recipe was found at www.erinsfoodfiles.com  .   Ice cream goes with everything.   Add a little pumpkin to it and it's a dessert fit for a cool fall night in front of the t.v. watching a favorite movie.



White Chocolate Ice Cream with Spiced Pumpkin Swirl

And now… the recipe I’ve been dying to share! As I’ve mentioned many many times, J’adore pumpkin. (I’m trying to learn French. J’adore = I love) One item in particular I look forward to every year, is Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter. I literally can’t get enough of this stuff. If you’re familiar with apple butter or pear butter, then just imagine it with pumpkin. If you’re not familiar with other fruit butters, first just get the word “butter” out of your head. It’s not fattening! In fact, it’s pretty low in calories, with just 40 calories per Tablespoon. It was probably given that name because it’s spreadable like butter. It’s just highly concentrated, think of applesauce cooked down until it’s thick & spreadable. You can use apple, pear, or pumpkin butter for many purposes. I’ve been known to spread it on toast, spread it on a sandwich, add it to oatmeal, use it as a waffle topping, but my favorite use for pumpkin butter is to mix it together with plain greek yogurt. I swear, I always feel like I’m eating pumpkin cheesecake!
As soon as I got my hands on my first jar this season, I knew I wanted to do some kind of delicious dessert with it. Different options ran through my mind, but I ended up deciding to make an ice cream with it. Even after I knew I wanted to make ice cream, I didn’t know what flavor combo to do. I’ve already paired Maple Ice Cream with Pumpkin Pie Fudge, which yielded outstanding results. It didn’t take me long to realize that I already love the combo of white chocolate + pumpkin (Pumpkin White Chocolate Blondies, and Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles), so a white chocolate ice cream with TJ’s Pumpkin Butter Swirled in it was!
This was my very first time swirling something into ice cream. I think I did an okay swirling job, but I might need a bit more practice. The way to do this is to make the ice cream base, churn it, and then when you transfer it to your container, dollop the pumpkin butter in and with a butter knife or thin spatula do a couple quick swirls. You obviously don’t want to do too much, or you’d lose the ripple.
Now, I’m sure you want to know how this tastes? INCREDIBLE. The white chocolate is just the perfect subtle sweetness, and doesn’t overshadow the pumpkin flavor. The Trader Joe’s brand pumpkin butter is perfectly spiced, and I think the smooth flavor of the white chocolate ice cream brings out the cinnamon & other spices in the pumpkin butter. Plus it was really interesting to try a pumpkin dessert where pumpkin is the accent flavor, and not the main focus. This would be the perfect addition to a Thanksgiving dessert table, or just be greedy and make it to eat all by yourself!
**If you’re worried about not having a Trader Joe’s nearby, don’t worry, you can probably still find pumpkin butter in various stores. I’ve seen it at Williams Sonoma & World Market. Or, try making it yourself, like Maris of In Good Taste did! I’ve made pear butter once in the slow cooker, and it was incredibly easy & delicious.**
Print

White Chocolate Ice Cream with Spiced Pumpkin Swirl


Ingredients:

2/3 cup (130 g) sugar
1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
2 cups heavy cream (500 ml, total)
8 ounces (230 g) white chocolate, finely chopped
5 large egg yolks
1/2 - 2/3 cup pumpkin butter (amount various depending on your tastes, add as much or as little as you'd like!)

Directions:

Put the chocolate pieces in a large bowl and and set a mesh strainer over the top.
Warm the milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. In a separate medium bowl whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula. Pour the custard through the strainer over the white chocolate. Stir until white chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth, then stir in the cream. Stir until cool over an ice bath. Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator overnight for flavors to meld.
Pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. After the ice cream has churned, alternately place the ice cream and a couple tablespoons of the pumpkin butter into your freezer container, carefully swirl a few times with a butter knife or thin spatula. Freeze overnight or at least 3-4 hours before enjoying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VANILLA PEACH COFFEE CAKE!!

Did you know that the fruit this summer is supposed to be the best it has been in years? Apparently, fruit loves hot weather. I personally have eaten more peaches and cherries this summer than I have in about five years just for that reason.  As I have been a little overzealous lately buying peaches and cherries I found myself with a few peaches that were going to be too ripe for me to eat on the same day. That is unless I wanted to have them for every meal plus a few snacks. So I decided to make this recipe for Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.  Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake Adapted from  Allrecipes.com Batter: 2 eggs 1 C milk 1/2 C oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 C  sour cream 3 C flour 1 C sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda Topping: 5 or 6 large peaches, diced. 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 11/4 C brown sugar 1Tbsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. nutmeg 4 Tbsp. flour Vanilla Icing: 1 Tbsp. butter 1 tsp

PRESENT TOPIARY TO DECORATE YOUR PORCH AND FRONT DOOR!

   This comes from www.thatvillagehouse.blogspot.com .  I made something similar a couple years ago, without the pots.  It was about 6 feet high.  I got the inspiration from a Chirstmas dectoration that we bought at Target. This is a very good idea and make a great enterance to your home.  So here's a little something to thing about for next year.  Before you know it December will be here again.  You could also do something like this for an Easter theme.   Enjoy! A Merry Welcome! So here is my first Christmas project for the year!! I saw something similar at our church's Advent celebration & pretty much straight up copied it. I couldn't help it. It was love at first sight! I plan to make a 2nd stack to go on the other side of my door, so I'm not completely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes. I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run

SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL FROM JAPAN!!!

     The Sapporo Snow Festival is a famous festival held annually in Sapporo, Japan, over 7 days in February.  Currently, Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival.  The 2011 Yuki-matsuri dates are February 7th to the 13th.    The festival is one of Japan's largest and most distinctive winter events.  In 2007, about 2 million people visited Sapporo to see the hundreds of snow statues and ice sculptures at the Odori Park and Suskino sites, in central Sapporo, and the Satoland site.  The festival is thought to be an opportunity for promoting international relations. The International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park sit since 1974, and teams from various regions of the world participate.      The subject of the statues varies and often features as event, famous building or person from the previous yer.  For example, in 2004, there were statues of Hideki Matsui, the famous baseball player who at that time pl